About the Role
Government of Meghalaya aims to establish 20 rural innovation centres for youth, called the Chief Minister's Youth Centre with an aim to build resilience, sustainability, and problem-solving skills in the next generation from the community. The youth centres are also to be established to bridge the digital divide with the help of innovation and entrepreneurship skills by providing access to the internet along with open learning opportunities. The main features of the centre would be a makerspace (Nook), a library and learning centre that would provide hands-on learning experiences as well as avenues to explore further vocational skills. The learning is going to be open to all ages to have more involvement from the community.
About Project DEFY:
Project DEFY is a non profit based out of Bangalore, India that has been working in the sector of self design learning through learning spaces called ‘Nooks’. The organization works globally facilitating the setting up of ‘Nooks’ in communities hit by
marginalization and keen on creating their own learning systems.
Sauramandala Foundation is a non-profit established in 2018 with a focus on improving economic and social indicators in remote, vulnerable and disconnected communities through collaborative action.
About the Role:
The M&E Officer will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high quality inputs and achieving the desired results within a timely manner while maintaining programmes’ strategic vision. The M&E Officer will assist in preparing reports to show progress and impact, and will monitor programme activities. The M&E Officer will also be responsible for collection and analysis of data and work closely with the programme team.
● Take the qualitative and quantitative M&E system, implement and oversee programme monitoring activities.
● Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures. Monitor data quality tracking progress of activities and contribute to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
● Define key performance indicators to assess the success and impact of the programme(s).
● Recommend management information systems.
● Keep abreast of developments in programme/grant changes and progress to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase performances and results.
● Support and guide programme team to facilitate data collection and its flow.
● Identify gaps in data collection and management systems and propose relevant solutions.
● Conduct field visits on a regular manner to monitor progress and data collection.
● Work with the Chief of Impact at DEFY and SMF team to create relevant common parameters .
● Participate and assist in annual programme reviews and in preparing relevant timely reports.
● Review donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted timely.
● Organize and conduct training on M&E for the team.
● Prepare and maintain the database.
● Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
● Knowledge of evaluation and data collection and analysis methodologies.
● Experience in planning and managing surveys.
● Experience with data quality assessments.
● Flexibility to work with a diverse group of people.
● A people person with a strong commitment towards inclusion of marginalized communities.
● Can work independently with limited supervision.
● Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
● Assess priorities and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
● Good verbal and written skills in English and is a must and knowledge of
Khasi/Garo/Pnar is a bonus
● High proficiency in computer skills including MS Office and Internet.
● Strong will and ability to travel extensively.
● Engaging with culturally diverse audiences
● 4+ years of experience in M&E position responsible for design and implementation of
● Experience in the development sector in North East India with a social work education
● Some experience of having worked on the field is desirable.